Is Vaping Safer Than Smoking? Here are the Facts
Vaping is the act of inhaling vapor or moisture produced by a vaporizer. Usually, the steam is inhaled pure or with added nicotine. Vaping, however, does not contain tobacco contrary to the traditional cigarette smoking. A vaporizer comprises of natural or artificial flavors combined with Vegetable Glycerin (VG) or Propylene Glycol (PG). The combination once heated produces dominant flavors.
How does a vaporizer work?
Vaporizers come in varied sizes and models. There are portable ones and table top vaporizers. The devices use either conduction or convection heating systems. If you are looking for vaporizers, SmokeCartel provides options for both types.
A vaporizer consists of the following components:
• The battery which produces the power. It is rechargeable through USB.
• The tube which is the principal part of the vaporizer.
• The cartridge which holds the liquid substance.
• An atomizer which heats the liquid to produce vapor.
• The e-liquid. It is the water-based substance which is imparted with nicotine. It can be plain or enhanced with assorted flavors.
The atomizer has a coil which heats up from the power produced by the battery. When the user drags on the mouthpiece, the coil heats up. A cotton wick absorbs the e-liquid which when it meets the coil, it turns into vapor. It is because the coil is hotter than the maximum boiling point of the e-liquid hence turning it into steam.
The nicotine strength in any vaporizer varies. Usually, it’s categorized in milligrams whereby the strong one ranks at 24 milligrams and the lightest at 6milligrams. For people who vape without the nicotine effect, the e-liquid does not contain any nicotine.
Reasons Why Vaping is considered Safer
• Vaporizers do not utilize tobacco. The vapor produced does not pose any health risks as tobacco does. Many health care professionals recommend vaping over smoking tobacco which poses risks to the heart, lungs and arteries.
• Contrary to traditional cigarettes, the vapor from the e-liquid does not produce a strong smell. Therefore, it is friendly to use anywhere without compromising the comfort of other people.
• Vaporizers are safe for the environment since the process does not involve the production of ash. The inbuilt heating systems guarantee safety without posing fire risks.
• The substances used in vaporizers are safe for use. Propylene glycol is a clear, odorless liquid which has no effect on heart cells and arteries. Vegetable Glycerin comes from plant sources which have a slightly sweet smell. VG is medically approved and suitable to produce other substances such as soaps and low-fat foods. Nicotine is a natural product usually used as a stimulant which promotes brain activity. It, however, should be used in moderation as an excess use is detrimental.
Vaping is a safer substitute for smoking tobacco. The substances that form the e-liquid contain no harmful chemicals. Vaporizers are user-friendly, safe to the surroundings and people around you. For people trying to do away with smoking tobacco, vaping is an option to consider. Forget the myths surrounding vaping; it’s a much healthier experience.